Lauren Haas explores the impact of CRU certificates on personal injury claims

One of the issues lawyers in serious injury cases must grapple with on an almost daily basis is the vexed, and at times contentious issue, of CRU certificates and the effect they have on personal injury claims. 

I recently had an email from a very experienced case manager, who deals with many severely injured clients and supervises their care packages, asking what a CRU certificate is and why the client was talking about repayments of benefits when surely their compensation is protected. 

It reminded me many of the issues lawyers face in a compensation claim are simply not known to case managers or rarely encountered. I felt it was therefore of use to those interested to explain the CRU issue and its effect on a civ...

This article is part of a subscription-based access, to continue reading, please contact your library