Lynne Bradey and Isabel McIver give practical advice tips for trustees and their advisers in dealing with vulnerable relatives


Some vulnerabilities are quite visible and others are not. Examples include age, reliance on means tested benefits or care, life events such as divorce or bankruptcy, lacking capacity to look after their own financial affairs, addiction, mental health conditions and not-so-well-meaning hangers on.

Meet Alex 

·        Alex is 36 and has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and has a drug addiction. There are times when his mental health is better and his mood is stable. At these times, he can make financial decisions for himself. However, when his bipolar disorder is not well controlled and he relapses with his drug addiction, he can make very rash de...

Lynne Bradey
Wrigleys Solicitors LLP

This article is part of a subscription-based access, to continue reading, please contact your library